KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release

+5
imfrankenstein
Solscud007
Jedi380
jmurrayvt
hydepark308
9 posters

Go down

Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release Empty Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release

Post by hydepark308 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:12 pm

So I've been lurking around here for a while now, and finally decided to take the leap.  First, thanks to everyone who is active in this forum for a bunch of great info / pics / etc.

Also, I will try to post in a few of the other threads as to my own Krissperience.  As far as I can tell, my SDP has all of the latest revisions and I have roughly 500-600 rounds with only one or two hiccups.  The first few mags had a couple stove pipes, but it's been flawless since.  And that's with all manner of ammo, including Tul steel cased stuff.  I love it and can't wait for TDi to release the AR stock adapter so I can slap the Sig Brace on it.

Now then, since there hasn't been any news from Solscud007 on his MagLev, I thought this topic should be brought up again.  I have no idea whether or not Solscud007 was / is involved with A1A's product or not.  They will not respond to e-mails, and are obviously some kinda Chinese or something so they don't list a phone number.  The mag release is shown here on their website along with a video.

http://ace1arms.com/pages.php?pageid=11

Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release Kriss-10Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release Kriss-11

Anyway, like I said, no pricing, ETA, or really any other info is available and several e-mails have gone unanswered over the few weeks I've been aware of the page's existence.  If Solscud007 was involved with this I would assume he'd bring it up and share it with everyone, so I just assume he isn't.  

As you may or may not be able to tell I'm quite literally frothing at the mouth to get my hands on this kit.  Thoughts?  Would buy?  What's a reasonable price for this parts kit?  For me, I think $50 is on the outside edge of reasonable, assuming it is made of decent materials. Pictures can lie, but the parts sure look like metal to me.  BUT it is airsoft-ery, afterall.
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release Empty Re: Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release

Post by jmurrayvt Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:37 pm

I will get it if it's ~$50.

Edit:
I just noticed on their website that it's designed for the KWA Kriss, and that they make stuff for air-softers. I'll probably wait and see if it actually works on a real one first, unless it's really cheap, then I'll buy it either way.

jmurrayvt

Back to top Go down

Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release Empty Re: Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release

Post by Jedi380 Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 am

Solscud007 posted this on his FB page a while ago, and I believe he IS following up on this.   Smile
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:47 pm

jmurrayvt wrote:I will get it if it's ~$50.

Edit:
I just noticed on their website that it's designed for the KWA Kriss, and that they make stuff for air-softers. I'll probably wait and see if it actually works on a real one first, unless it's really cheap, then I'll buy it either way.

I said it was airsoft at the end of my post. Sorry, I probably should have included that fact at the very beginning too, but I kinda assumed everyone knew.

And as far as compatibility, I think most people would be surprised at how accurate a lot of the airsoft guns are to the real steel, at least on the outside. On this KWA, for instance, it looks like the manufacturer even went so far as to make the magazine release mechanism / assembly identical to the real thing. In this case at least, I think that's a good thing. I even noticed on another thread a couple guys were trying to modify an airsoft AR stock adapter to fit a Sig Brace on it because they were getting impatient with TDi and their adapter.
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri May 02, 2014 4:43 am

Yep. I'm on it.

My maglev project went nowhere due to lack of funds and resources. It would have been too expensive to make it.

Any way It is not my design but it seems I inspired the design. They have seen my youtube video. And the points I make about the efficacy of this lever for airsoft is repeated in their video. I am in talks with Ace1Arms. They have sent out a sample for me to test and evaluate. They are eager for pics and review of their product on a real Vector. I shall be the test monkey.

I already talked to them about ordering their minimum qty.  no clue what shipping cost will be yet so I can't tell you my cost until that happens.
The Ace1Arms is made of 6061 CNC aluminum. I dont foresee any complications. I have swapped real polymer housings onto my KWA Vector. I noticed the mag catch was similar to the real mag catch. One thing I did notice on my KWA vector, when using my Maglev prototype, the lever sticks a little when the catch returns to its resting position.

What does that mean? Nothing. Haha. Since the Ace1Arms lever is based off the KWA Vector it should, in theory, be compatible with our Real Steel Vectors. There is always an unperceived variable. Perhaps it is not robust enough to handle recoil? But considering the stock mag catch is a lone wolf extended mag catch made of polymer, I don't think it will be an issue.  

Will keep you guys updated.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Wed May 07, 2014 9:03 pm

Any word? Can we get any photos? I'm dyin' here.
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Wed May 07, 2014 11:10 pm

He has photos on his FB page.  ;)
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Wed May 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Thanks Jedi. Sorry I didn't notice that myself. I'm watching it now!!
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by imfrankenstein Wed May 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi  guys , new to this site. I saw this post and I thought I would share photos of the one I just got in the mail today. I don’t know if this helps but here are a ton of photos of the arm.

Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5114
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5116
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5117
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5118
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5119
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5120
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5121
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5122
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5123
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5124
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5125
Ace 1 Arms - KRISS Vector Right Hand Magazine Release IMG_5126

imfrankenstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Wed May 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Cool! Thanks for the pics!   welcome1
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Sat May 17, 2014 3:42 am

Hey Frankenstein, thanks for the pics. Did you get it for an airsoft version or the real thing? Any word on fit / finish once installed? I'm trying everything within my willpower not to order one tonight.
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by imfrankenstein Mon May 19, 2014 5:22 pm

hydepark308 wrote:Hey Frankenstein, thanks for the pics.  Did you get it for an airsoft version or the real thing?  Any word on fit / finish once installed?  I'm trying everything within my willpower not to order one tonight.

I got mine for the airsoft ver of the vector. On my airsoft vector it fits perfectly and installation was super fast. I’m actually editing a video that I’ll post the youtube on how to do the full installation. Hopefully that video will help tell you if it will fit the real thing.

I bought mine Right Hand Magazine Release for $35 + 4 for shipping. It came in about a week.

This is the URL that ace 1 arms recommended I buy from when I asked about where to get it

http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=ACE-MR-KRISS&curr_code=USD

imfrankenstein

Back to top Go down

Post by imfrankenstein Thu May 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Here is my install video. I hope this helps.

imfrankenstein

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Thu May 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Awesome video.
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifeisdeath Thu May 22, 2014 10:33 pm

good job

Lifeisdeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RoundEye Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Nice write up and videos.

Notice: The Ace 1 Arms release was made based on the airsoft and/or .45 Vector, and will not fit a Gen 2 CRB 9mm.  I found out the hard way...  Sad

RoundEye

Back to top Go down

Post by traintrax Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:39 pm

RoundEye wrote:Nice write up and videos.

Notice: The Ace 1 Arms release was made based on the airsoft and/or .45 Vector, and will not fit a Gen 2 CRB 9mm.  I found out the hard way...  Sad

Want to sell it cheap? I wouldn't mind playing with it a bit to see how I might get it to work on the 9mm.

traintrax

Back to top Go down

Post by RoundEye Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:34 pm

traintrax wrote:
Want to sell it cheap?  I wouldn't mind playing with it a bit to see how I might get it to work on the 9mm.

What's cheap? It's only like $39 shipped from HK. I'd probably let it go for $30 if that interests you. I've been meaning to post it up, I just haven't had the time.

RoundEye

Back to top Go down

Post by Readyman Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:41 am

This AR style mag release works on the 45 ACP Kriss Vector with a little plastic removal, for more travel.
Anyone used to to an AR would find this upgrade a 'natural'. Additionally I filed down the OEM mag release button flush to the plastic and I have not had an accidental mag release in several hundred rounds. It's a natural grip position, why fight it.
Readyman
Readyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down